shardcore at The Tin Drum

I’m holding a show at the Tin Drum, Kemptown Brighton. It’s on until the end of November, so come down to Brighton and enjoy some fine food and fine art. Thanks to Lois for arranging the show, and to Sam for helping with the hanging.

I’m showing 21 canvases in total, here are a some photos of some of them.

Bushfinger #5

The Wittgenstein Brothers, Francis Crick, Adam, Eric, Sacha

Big Cock & Wet Beaver

Toxoplasma, E Coli, H5N1

(I’m particularly pleased to be showing E Coli in a restaurant…]

Tycho Brahe, Edison and Topsy & Tesla

Trackback URL for this post: http://www.shardcore.org/shardpress/2007/09/20/shardcore-at-the-tin-drum/trackback/

9 Responses to “shardcore at The Tin Drum”

1. September 20th, 2007 | 3:10 pm

[...] you’re in the area, do pop along and have a look at the exhibition – preview here. Well worth a look, and I do even have a hope I’ll be able to make it along at some point [...]

2. September 20th, 2007 | 5:32 pm

Oh, it looks splendid! And as for the Department of Homeland Security, I plan on writing them a stern and I mean very stern letter. How could they possibly deny you a visa? They’re simply bonkers!

3. EgriBikaver
    September 23rd, 2007 | 4:35 pm

oh i’m not so sure about that. i must agree with the department. shardcore is quite obviously a subversive type… in fact, i think i’m being subverted just by looking… my cognitive feels totally dissed…
    #
    # i wonder what wine goes with tycho and topsy and tesla.
    #

4. September 24th, 2007 | 1:53 am

Well, apparently, being subversive in the US gets you the taser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE76LQwT6qA&mode=related&search= so perhaps one’s best interest would be to steer clear.

And as for ‘tycho and topsy and tesla’, I’d recommend something you could sink your teeth into: the full-bodied Shiraz.

5. Dave Shepherd
    September 25th, 2007 | 2:35 pm

Good luck with the exhibition. I notice with your timelapse movie of the creation of the L. Ron Hubbard painting (which I particularly liked) that the light in the room where you are painting changes during the day. Does this affect your painting? I notice that some parts are highlighted more under certain light than other times. Hope it all works out well for you. I will certainly go along if I make it to Brighton before it’s over. Cheers.

6. September 25th, 2007 | 2:42 pm

Hi Dave,

Obviously the timelapse is at 40x normal speed, so while there are changes in the lighting, they’re not as dramatic as they appear in the video. Also, the human visual system is very adept at compensating for such changes, and it doesn’t affect the painting process [too much]

7. October 3rd, 2007 | 5:11 pm

[...] Indie Shareware Developer and Martin is likely to be involved with our resident artist ShardCore (now exhibiting at the Tin Drum Kemptown) for our Christmas Special – tentatively titled ‘The $50 Million [...]

8. October 25th, 2007 | 1:58 pm

I didn’t realise you’d done a wet beaver as well as a big cock….I feel that the big cock hangs better though.

9. October 25th, 2007 | 3:22 pm